Your Claim Reporting Checklist
If you’re involved in a car accident:
- Call the police in case they need to be involved. They will inform you if that’s the case. Toronto: 416-808-2222 York Region: 905-830-0303
- Exchange the following information with the other driver(s): Names, drivers licence #, addresses, phone numbers, insurance and vehicle particulars).
- If there were witnesses, get their names and phone numbers.
- As soon as you can, contact Generations or your insurance company to report the claim.
- If there was property damage, you must bring your vehicle and documentation (driver’s license, ownership and insurance) to a Collision Reporting Centre (CRC) within 24 hours.
If you’ve had a theft, break-in or another loss:
- Alert the police of any theft or break-in.
- Do not alter evidence of the loss, for example, by starting to clean up after a pipe bursts or altering the scene of a break-in. If you absolutely must alter anything, take detailed pictures of the damage first.
- Alert your broker and your insurer of an insured loss as soon as your situation permits.