The short answer is yes. Residential policies have limited coverage on business property. This limit might be as low as $2000 in total, which would not cover even the most basic home office. Items covered for business are usually only covered while in the home. So, for example, if the computer you use for your home-based business is stolen while on a trip, it will not be covered. You may also require added liability insurance if you have often people coming and going from your home, or have employees. It’s best to talk to your broker about your home-based business, so you can augment your policy to give you more security.